A number of words will follow these. Some of the words may even form semi-coherent sentences, but none of them will truly explain why we fell in love with the Cozmo Robot from Anki.
Simply put, he Cozmo Robot is unlike any other toy robot you have ever seen or played with. I know that is a bold statement, but I think after watching our video review, you will agree.
Please watch our full video review of Cozmo Robot from Anki –
With Cozmo, It Is All About Personality
There is some very sophisticated technology going on inside of Cozmo. It has over 300 parts and was developed by a multidisciplinary team of PhD roboticists, world-class animators, and renowned game developers.
Here is the best part, none of that matters!
When playing with Cozmo you can actually forget he is just a pile of chips and sensors and you see him as a little friend. You feel bad when he loses a game and feel happy when he gets excited to see you enter the room. I know, it sounds bizarre.
Anki has succeed where so many others have failed – they have given a toy robot personality. It really does feel like you are playing with a character from a Pixar film.
Here are some of the key features –
- Supercomputer on treads – Cozmo is constantly scanning his environment and recognizes people.
- Almost human – With clever facial expressions, highly-reactive body language, his own mood- setting soundtrack and unique voice tones, it’s like Cozmo rolled right out of a movie and into your life.
- Real emotion – Artificial intelligence allows Cozmo to express a wide range of emotions and to have contextual feelings based on your actions.
- Decidedly durable – Drop-tested and built to last, Cozmo is tougher than he looks. His 300+ parts are meticulously engineered to keep him alive for a long time to come.
- Simply secure – Cozmo is as safe as he is strong. A local device- to-device connection means there’s no data stored in the cloud for others to access.
- Software driven – Free app updates keep the relationship with Cozmo fresh and exciting year round. First update with a new game mode and features planned for December, just in time for the holidays
Relax, Cozmo Is Not Spying On You
A tiny intelligent robot that scans faces and can hear – is this just a super secret spy machine? Fear not, Cozmo actually never sends any data out over the internet. The Cozmo base creates a WiFi network that you connect to with your iOS or Android device. All communication between Cozmo and the app stays local as you are not connected to the Internet when using the Cozmo WiFi network – it is a closed, local to local connection.
Still Reading? Go Back And Watch The Video Instead
Words really can’t do Cozmo justice. It is the way Cozmo moves, interacts and explores that gets to why Cozmo is different than other robots. When you are playing a game with Cozmo, his reaction to winning or losing is as interesting as the game itself.
At $179, Cozmo is not inexpensive. Some will look at that price and say – that’s a lot of money for a tiny robot. The thing is, robot conjures up images of a lifeless pile of parts that performs tasks us humans would rather avoid. Cozmo is more of a companion, a friend and a buddy. While I generally don’t pay to have friends, $179 for something that can make me smile and keep me entertained doesn’t seem like a bad deal.
— This feed and its contents are the property of The Huffington Post, and use is subject to our terms. It may be used for personal consumption, but may not be distributed on a website.